Friday, June 20, 2008

Intentional Legacy Now!

There is a process to Legacy. Legacy itself is not a destination. Legacy is a consideration of the future, but it deeply involves the present and the past. God can use legacy to heal your past and make you more effective for His kingdom in the future. God calls us to disciple our families, and what is one of the products of that discipleship? It's an intentional legacy that is left for others to see and experience.

Why is legacy important to me today? God is going to use legacy to heal the wounds that we have. We all have wounds, and we all need healing for those wounds. I believe it is very difficult to be open to God's will for your life for the future when you haven't reconciled God's will for your past. What has hurt you in the past? What circumstances occurred that you cannot explain? Why are you unsettled when you look at certain historical events that took place in your life?

I am discovering that my legacy involves my past as much as it does my future. The generations that follow me will want to know about me. they will want to know my struggles, but more importantly how I dealt with those struggles and how God used those struggles to draw me closer to Him. I believe God will use my past to teach me about Him, but He will use those things to impact the lives of those yet to come. Romans 8:28 " And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose".

No comments: