Sunday, November 30, 2008

Investing to Legacy


It struck me the other day that legacy is similar to investing...How could one draw this conclusion? In thinking about this, several other questions went through my mind. Why do I do the things that I do? How much of what I do is for me, versus for someone else? What provides me with the greatest fulfillment and satisfaction? Could a person pass an intentionally positive legacy if that person was all consumed with his or her self? You can see where I'm going with this...

Back to the investing thing... I think leaving and passing a good legacy is about investing in the lives of others. Perhaps this goes without saying, but God has clearly instructed us to put other people above ourselves. Invest in others and pass a legacy worth passing!

No comments: